Here's a picure at practice. I used to jump in a wheel it a little until I slapped it off the front strech wall. I figured it would be best if I didn't wreck my brothers first race car, so I opted to not drive it anymore. He finished 11th in points despite missing about half the season. With a fresh engine, I think things will go much better this season
Update(8/26/2007). We built a new engine for the car and are now quite competitive. Second fast qualifier first night out! There are a few details to workout yet, but We're getting close. Just in time for the end of the season.
04/07/08 - The new engine last year made a world of difference. We just replaced the heads with rebuilt units that should help even more. Goin' to pre-season test and tune next weekend. Well the engine WAS awesome until a valve float issue came to a head when the head fo an exhaust valve broke off and resulted in a broken rod, cam, block, basicaly destroyed the engine. The back up engine, which wasn't built for the RPM the car is run at, lasted almost the rest of the year until it gave up the ghost.
04/28/2011 - After four years of battle, it's come to look like it was in a bad accident. Over the three weeks, I cut the body off, re-did the front and back ends, added rub rails, and hung a new body. It looks awesome and I'm really happy with it. Check it out:
With body cut off
Build progress. Start to finish:
All that's left is some color as soon as My brother can decide on one.......
Here's a 67/69 Camaro that I'm currently working on. It was a rusted out P.O.S. that the owner cut the front and rear sub-frames out of and replaced them with ones from a 99 Z28. I'm finishing up the "corvette style" front hinging hood. The hinges took a while to hammer out the design with the spacial contraints I was working with, but they turned out awesome. Check it out:
Next is the wipers, some sort of dash to hold some gauges, power window, and some other stuff I can think of at this time...
This is an early 70's Grand Prix that my brother and I are doing a restoration on for a customer. The car looked pretty good until it was dicovered that some previous repair work had been quite cobbled. I've ended up doing the quarter panel you see here as well as the trunk floor, sail panel, major L.H front floor pan, minor R.H front floor pan, some rear seat floor pan patches, rear window opening patches, and L.H rear wheel opening repair.
Update!!!!!!! After working on this since November '06. IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!